Saturday, May 23, 2009

Back from vacation, Back to reality

So we are home after a great week at the beach. And its amazing, the smaller the mileage between me and home got, the greater my anxiety. This really has to stop. So, first thing Tuesday (blasted federal holidays!!!) it is on the phone to find some help. There is no need to feel sick to my stomach on a regular basis. I don't understand how people who have chronic anxiety cope, they are my new heroes. I find this temporary (hopefully) condition that I seem to have acquired is absolutely crippling. You become totally obsessed with things that you cannot change and have no control over. Again, this must stop. Hopefully a night in my own bed in my own house will help, but unfortunately I have my doubts. This weirdness seems to know no boundaries and respect nothing. In a nutshell, it sucks.

On a happier note, I am sitting on my own couch in my own house watching my own TV, which is always nice after a week away. I am looking forward to a shower in my own bathroom and sleeping in my own bed. Tomorrow is another day, and I really am thankful to have tomorrow even with the current issues associated. While I had the "good" cancer (if one more person says that to me, I will punch them) there are still mortality rates associated and I have still been given a likelihood of living for another 15 years. If that is "good" than fine, but no one said I had to like it or move on like it never happened.

Okay, happy notes. And I'm off to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment