Monday, May 18, 2009

First Post

This is my first ever blog post. I have friends who are routine bloggers and I thought to myself, what the hell, we'll give it a shot. So here, dear friends, I will attempt to keep some what of a continuing narrative about what is happening in my life.

For instance today. I am on my first vacation since being diagnosed with papillaric thyroid cancer in October 2008. I have had surgery, I have been radiated with toxic levels of iodine, and I have been poked and prodded like you wouldn't believe. So, needless to say, I was looking forwards to this vacation....and it has been raining for 2 days. The forecast is looking up, and so will I. For now, we will be thankful that I am in a position to be on vacation and remember that while things have been pretty crappy, they could have been worse.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Connie -

    I saw that you started a blog. I'm always up for seeing what old friends are up to these days, so I thought I'd check it out.

    I'm sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis. It sounds like you are in good spirits though, and things must be looking up!

    Enjoy the rest of your vacation...I hope the sun starts shining for you!

    Katherine (Hoehne) Logan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are doing this!!! The picture you chose is beautiful and i'm sure that having a forum on which to just talk about how you've been feeling is going to help you feel so much better.
    I love the name you chose, and I hope the sun comes out (literally and figuratively)
    I love you My Little Slice of HAMM

    ReplyDelete